LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Aircraft Inspector with aircraft manufacturing and quality inspection experience for an opportunity in Wichita, Kansas.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Inspectors are responsible for a wide range of inspection functions supporting materials, sheet metal, composites, process and assembly operations. Follow programs, documents, drawings, specifications and quality standards to perform inspection functions. Perform audit/surveillance/measurement/inspection of all sheet metal/composite parts/assemblies according to specifications, processes and procedures. Initiate and document any non-conforming materials, parts, assemblies or portions thereof, according to specification, process and procedures.
Use and interpret drawings, inspection manuals and specifications, shop mathematics precision measuring instruments, specialized inspection machines, tools and equipment necessary to accomplish work assignments.
- Experience working with Quality Management System Policies and Procedures
- Working knowledge of Company Policies, Procedures and Specifications
- Overall working knowledge of production processes
- Contact other company organizations or customer representatives, as required to coordinate and accomplish work assignments.
- Good communication skills – written and verbal
- Good computing skills
- Operate testing machines, calculate and record results
- Maintain certifications as required
- Plan own sequence of operations
- Follow Inspection (shop) procedures to accept or reject processes/parts/assemblies
- Verify that tools are qualified
- Prepare and maintain Quality records
- Work across equivalent or lower level Inspector job codes as required
- Cross-train in equivalent level Assembly, Composite, Metals, Process and Systems/Payload Structures Mechanic classifications
- 5+ years of aircraft quality inspection experience required.
- Must be proficient in GAC CATIA or blueprint reading and interpretation, GAC work instructions, technical specifications and GAC QA Manual.
- Must have the minimum tools as required.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.
Salary Range: ~$50/HR-~$50/HR
Relocation: Call Recruiter @ 630-246-7869