Y-Tech Services, Inc. is seeking an Aircraft Mechanic II. The Aircraft Mechanic II is responsible for ensuring that aircraft and their equipment if functioning safely and efficiently. They service, repair and overhaul various aircraft components and systems including airframes, engines, electrical and hydraulic systems propellers, avionics equipment and aircraft instruments.
Essential functions of the Aircraft Mechanic II are as follows:
- Maintain, repair and modify aircraft structures and structural components of moderate difficulty, including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems and mechanical components
- Apply technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and apply required expertise in restoring condition and operation
- Solve moderate to complex problems by interpreting knowledge of aircraft mechanical components troubleshooting, repair procedures and replacement parts
- Maintain and / or repair aircraft sheet metal structures.
- Make modifications as necessary
- Apply thorough working knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, sheet metal brakes and sheets
- Read, interpret and relay information from technical publications
- Record repairs, modifications and other tasks in required aircraft logs and maintenance records
- Lead a team of mechanics and other personnel, when required, through more complete aircraft relevant tasks
- The Mechanic II may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
- High School Diploma / Equivalent or FAA A&P License
- Completed a military aircraft repairer school for one of the following aircraft CH-47D/F/G, H-60A/L/M, OH-58D, UH-1, AH-64A/D/E, T-6.
- Repair course completed must be the same as the aircraft in the job title
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in Army aviation maintenance or five years verifiable RDT&E experience
- Reset or Depot experience is preferred
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance
Y-Tech offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disabilities, protected military or veteran status. To apply for this position, or view all of our job openings, visit us online at www.yulista.com, click on career opportunities.