Unique Skills: FAA A & P Certificate, FCC license, or NCAT certification required. Valid Driver’s License required. Ability to obtain Passport as international travel is a requirement. Must be available on an on-call basis 24 hours a day 7 days a week, with the ability to be on site or dispatched on the FAST aircraft or vehicle within two hours of the initial contact from Gulfstream. Must be able to communicate effectively with the customer, scheduling, FAST flight crews, Tech Ops, business office, vendors, Warranty, Field Service Reps and Hangar Ops. Performs required AOG maintenance and necessary servicing of all aircraft mechanical and avionics systems. Must demonstrate the ability to work independently and consistently to perform assigned maintenance and avionics tasks within the quoted or standard CMP time with little or no supervision.
Education and Experience Requirements: High school diploma/GED. Valid Drivers License required. FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificate and 2 years of aviation maintenance experience, or 4 years of aviation maintenance experience to include 2 years of experience working on mid/large-size aircraft required.
Position Purpose: Under minimal supervision, performs inspections, maintenance, and repairs of moderate to advanced complexity on aircraft systems and structures.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Communicate as required to receive and understand work assignments. Perform complex aircraft inspections, repairs, and modifications with minimal supervision.
2. Coordinate with MTL, STM, and the Inspection Department to ensure compliance with internal and FAA inspection and documentation requirements. Properly complete CMP cards, work order sign-offs, and other paperwork in a timely and accurate manner. Assist as needed with shift turnovers.
3. Ensure that all work accomplished meets quality standards and specifications.
4. Properly identify (tag) customer property and equipment. Store aircraft components and other customer property securely and safely.
5. Follow standard operating procedures when operating ground support equipment (external power carts, hydraulic mules, hydraulic lift platforms, tow tugs, forklifts, compressed gas cylinders, etc.)
6. Coordinate, accomplish, and assist with aircraft movement in hangar and ramp areas.
7. Provide training to less experienced technicians.
8. Protect customer property (PTP).
1. Properly collect and dispose of waste fuel, oil, hydraulic fluids, de-icing fluids, and solvent rags. Apply 6S and Lean Initiatives to keep shops, hangars, and aircraft work areas clean and uncluttered.
2. Implement and apply Lean/continuous improvement processes to all areas of responsibility.
3. Properly use and maintain Company-provided tools and equipment. Return items to designated storage area after use.
4. Comply with safety rules and procedures. Use protective equipment as required and be alert for unsafe conditions. Address unsafe conditions before putting people or property at risk.
5. Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks, and sign-offs, and to charge labor to correct work orders.
6. In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Working knowledge of the FAA regulations, process specifications, Repair Station and Quality Control manuals, and company policies and procedures. Languages Required (in addition to English): None Additional Information Requisition Number: 117885 Category: Service Center Percentage of
Travel: Up to 100%
Shift: First Employment
Posting End Date: 07/04/2018 Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee. Long Beach, CA Long Beach, California