A&P Entry Mechanic Needed in Aurora, OR
Only qualified candidates with the below experience will be considered for this position.
Entry level (A&P right out of school or no on job experience) OR Experienced (A&P with 10+ years experience)
Summarize the primary purpose and objective of the position
Performs aircraft maintenance, preventive maintenance, complete aircraft teardown and assembly to include all aircraft components. Assist with all applicable flight control rigging and functional check flights. May assist with structural (sheet metal) repairs and alterations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and interprets maintenance manuals, or other technical data to determine the feasibility and method to perform the assigned tasks.
- Inspects aircraft structures and/or aircraft airframe systems and parts (such as mechanical flight control, hydraulic and fuel systems) following defined inspection program and utilizing visual inspection techniques or inspection aids (such as precision measuring equipment) as required.
- repairs damaged or worn aircraft structural parts or performs structural alterations utilizing general hand tools and pneumatic tools and structural repair equipment.
- Performs removal, assembly and replacement of aircraft component or system parts as required.
- Performs all applicable flight control maintenance up to and including rigging.
- Assist in functional check flights.
- Properly documents all inspection findings and work performed/corrective action in the appropriate maintenance records to meet established standards.
- Maintains work areas and tools in a clean and organized manner, practices proper tool and FOD control.
- Performs work safely and utilizes the appropriate technical data for the assigned task.
- Monitors and supports continuous improvement activities by utilizing Lean and continuous improvement tools striving to identify and eliminate waste in all its forms in an effort to improve quality and safety, decrease lead time and reduce cost.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; further education or technical training is preferred.
- Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) license: Required.
- Previous heavy helicopter experience required (Tandem rotor preferred).
- Requires 3+ years’ mechanical experience and a strong aptitude for acquiring new mechanical skills and knowledge.
- General experience in structural (sheet metal) repairs, modifies, restorations and alterations.
- Training and experience utilizing Lean methods in a production environment is preferred.
- Ability to locate, read and follow the technical data appropriate for the assigned task
- Ability to use precision measuring equipment and hand tools appropriate to the assigned tasks
- Ability to work overtime and/or weekends as assigned dependent on production needs.
- Ability to work in a shop environment or work outdoors locally.
- Ability to work in deployed locations as needed for customer support for periods of up to 28 days.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment
- Conduct oneself in accordance with Company’s Core Values
- Must meet International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) as a U.S. Person
Aviation Personnel currently offers:
- .50 cents per mile up to $200.00 Travel Pay on your first check, Plus a $100.00 longevity Monthly bonus!
- Great benefits like: Holiday Pay, Vacation Pay, $100.00 referrals fees and FREE Direct Deposit. Cash Advances Available!
- Did you know Aviation Personnel GUARANTEES Highest pay package at every location we have openings? Please, give us a call @ 817-244-2125
We look forward to helping you find your next assignment; also please forward our information to your friends who might be interested as well.