As an A&P Mechanic, you will be responsible for performing routine and non-routine maintenance on commercial aircraft.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Services and repairs aircraft and engines to ensure airworthiness according to customer specifications and FAA standards.
- Removes and replaces aircraft components according to driving documentation.
- Identifies, removes, and installs inspection access panels.
- Reads maintenance manuals to identify and locate aircraft components on the aircraft, and accurately implements instructions of maintenance manuals. Identifies the structural composition of aircraft (i.e., aluminum or composite) prior to performing any work on the structure.
- Performs aircraft lubrications.
- Removes and replaces filters, and performs leak checks.
- Performs repairs on noted discrepancies, and effectively researches manufacturer’s manual for appropriate repair procedures prior to performing repairs.
- Uses basic hand tools or equipment to perform skilled manual and technical work.
- Lifts and carries hand tools, parts, and work materials; ascends and descends ladders and platforms; and frequently works in a variety of positions such as stooping, kneeling or squatting.
- Follows safety procedures and wears/uses appropriate safety equipment for the work being performed.
- Must have minimum required tools.
- Tools must be etched
- Must have minimum of three (3) years’ experience in heavy commercial aircraft maintenance or modification.
- Experience and/or training on B757, B767, A319/320/A330/A300 preferred. Military aircraft experience will be considered.
- Normally performs duties according to his or her judgment and only requests supervisory assistance when necessary with regard to methods, procedures, and desired end results.
- A moderate to high level of discretion is allowed when making selections among a few, easily identifiable choices.
- Assignment is frequently reviewed upon completion.
- Duties are performed on a rotating shift schedule and often include nights, weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Candidates must report on first day with 2 forms of acceptable identification to verify employment eligibility.
- Applicants should plan on one week of orientation/training upon arrival
- APA offers on site representation
- Food trucks available daily onsite
About Our Client:
Our client company is an MRO with special expertise in modifications and engineering services. Having been in business for over 25+ years, our client has redelivered more than 5,000 aircraft to major passenger and freight airlines.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.