Now Hiring Aviation Technical Writers
STS AeroStaff Services is now offering Aviation Technical Writer jobs in Dallas, Texas. To learn more, check out the following information.
Are you tired of working the same dead-end contract positions? If so, STS AeroStaff Services offers the best technical writing jobs in Dallas, Texas; positions that will reward your skills with competitive compensation and benefits. When it comes to your career as an Aviation Technical Writer, don’t just wing it. Let STS AeroStaff Services help you fly your career forward!
At this point in the post, you can read on, apply online or contact an STS Recruiter at 1-877-707-5767.
Technical Writers are responsible for managing, revising, and producing aircraft maintenance manuals and documents used for maintaining the fleet; while ensuring safe, consistent, standardized, clear, accurate and compliant work instructions; meeting deadlines and the needs of Production, Engineering, Planning, Maintenance Programs, Reliability, Quality Control and Regulatory personnel.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Creates, writes, revises, edits and publishes maintenance publications, documents, and work instructions ensuring accuracy to regulatory, and maintenance program requirements, and to technical sources or approved changes
- Processes OEM revisions to Aircraft Maintenance Manuals, Illustrated Parts Catalogs, Fault Isolation manuals, Wiring Diagram manuals, and other publications and documents – reconciling the differences with engineered changes and managing the approvals necessary for publication
- Receives and/or submits, and processes document change requests for Maintenance Publications and documents, and Submits Publication Change Requests to correct errors
- Assists Technical Writers and Technical Publications Specialists in maintaining historical record of revisions, network library, and published documents, and assists with required audits, publishes, distribution, and record-keeping
- Interfaces with various M&E departments for continuous analysis and improvements of the maintenance program, publications, documents and processes including Production AMTs and Inspectors, Fleet Leads, Engineering, Planning, Regulatory, Quality, Central Publications, and any other department necessary
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Aviation-related (maintenance or engineering) 4 year degree preferred
- 3 years’ minimum aircraft maintenance experience required
- Transport category Boeing 737 experience is preferred
- 3 years’ minimum technical writing experience required. Aviation-related technical writing preferred
- 1 year minimum experience with Adobe FrameMaker, Arbortext, or other SGML or XML based authoring program required
- Expert in MS Word, Excel, and Access preferred
- Experience with Corel Draw, Iso Draw, or other Illustration editing tools preferred
- Airframe and Powerplant Certificate (A&P) or 5 years’’ equivalent maintenance experience (military or transport category) required
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines
- Must have excellent writing and editing skills
- Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks and projects under tight deadlines
- Must be able to type 50 wpm and have excellent computer skills, with an ability to learn new programs quickly
- Must have excellent research, writing, and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Must be able to read and understand aircraft maintenance manuals, work instructions, policy and regulatory publications
- Must possess excellent attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and ability and desire to deal with technology concepts
- Must be able and willing to travel and represent at industry meetings and conferences
- Must be able to use personal computer and desktop publishing equipment for extended periods of time
- Must be able to access all sections of company aircraft, climb ladders/stands
- Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986
Company Overview & Benefits:
STS AeroStaff Services works with the largest names in the aviation industry. We offer hundreds of career opportunities throughout the United States, and with more than two decades of experience, our aviation recruiters soar in their commitment to excellence and professionalism.
We proudly offer all qualifying candidates competitive rates, direct deposits, medical insurance, cash advances and referral bonuses. Have questions? Contact us today at 1-877-707-5767.