Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The Engineering Technical Support Technician will prepare and or review a variety of engineering documents including Fleet Campaign Directives, Engineering Orders, and various other engineering service documents. The technician will also review service bulletin for incorporation, investigation and development of reliability related issues. Reviewing and tracking of all major repairs and alterations. The technician will also serve as a liaison to contract engineering agencies and a variety of other technical and administrative tasks. Other duties as assigned.
* A&P Certified or Four Year Degree in Aviation Management or Engineering
* Must have a working knowledge of Piedmont Maintenance Policies and Procedures
* Must be experienced at mapping and using repair drawings
* Must be able to use DH Engineer ing Drawing (Aperture Cards or Website)
* Must be knowledgeable of aviation materials and processes
* Knowledgeable of Dash 8 100/300 and Embraer 145 series systems, structures and manuals
* Resourceful in developing solutions to improve efficiencies in the Engineering Department
* Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel (Access a plus)
* Must have basic understanding of reliability controlled maintenance
* Must be familiar with Federal Regulations
* Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
* 3 to 5 years’ experience in Quality Control or Quality Assurance Department or other quality system experience
* Ability to develop repair drawings and system redesigns with CAD/CAM
* Standard office environment. Use of comp uters and other office equipment
Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds
The above statements provide a brief description of the general nature of work performed and not intended to be a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position. Duties and expectations are subject to change as needed.
Employment is contingent upon a clear Driving Record, 10-year Criminal History Records Check, and Drug Screen as required. We also require proof of High School or GED completion.
Benefit package includes paid training, holiday pay, 401(k), vacation, family travel on the American Airlines network, medical and dental available.
M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer
Exceptional Aviators – Major Opportunities