The purpose of this position is to fly the county helicopter on emergency medical flights and medical inter-facility transport flights, to provide flight support to other county divisions, departments and agencies, and to provide professional, effective, safe and efficient public service assistance to the general public.
Full job description can be found here: “Helicopter Pilot” (https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/collier)
Collier County, located in beautiful Southwest Florida on the Gulf of Mexico enjoys a year-round perfect climate, blue skies, spectacular sunsets, hundreds of miles of soft white sand beaches, and unlimited recreational opportunities.
Interested candidates MUST apply online at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/collier . No direct calls or email, please.
Collier County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a Drug Free Workplace. Veterans and their spouses/ families may receive preferential treatment.
- 3000 total flight hours with minimum of 2500 flight hours in helicopters
- 1500 hours PIC in helicopters
- 500 hours rotor wing turbine time
- 500 hours of cross-country flight time, at least 100 hours of which were at night
- 50 hours helicopter time within the preceding 12 months
- No FAA certificate action within 5 years
- Flight hours must be verifiable through reliable documentation
High school degree or GED.
Five (5) years in commercial rotorcraft aviation, at least one (1) year of Helicopter Air Ambulance (HAA) experience is preferred
Must possess and maintain a valid FAA Commercial Rotorcraft Pilot Certificate with an Instrument Rating for rotary wing aircraft and must maintain pilot proficiency in accordance with CFR Part 135 regulations.
Must possess and maintain a valid Class I or II Medical Certificate.
May be required to attain and maintain other certifications as related to the position or for specialized areas of assignment.
Post offer drug screening (negative result) in accordance with CFR Part 135 regulations is required.
Must be able to respond to work within one (1) hour.
- Night Vision Goggle experience
- Airbus/Eurocopter experience