ONIT Aviation is seeking Contract – Quality Control Inspector II – in GAC Savannah
Ability to enter confined spaces, ability to wear a respirator. Strong Structures background. Ability to use precision measuring devises. Able to pass eye exam. Ability to work second shift as needed.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High School degree or GED. Completion of formal inspection training program within 90 days of assignment. Three (3) years quality inspection experience. Five (5) years manufacturing experience or equivalent aerospace experience preferred.
In a team oriented environment, perform all tasks in Initial Phase Manufacturing, Composites, or Final Phase in a timely and efficient manner to ensure aircraft parts, sub-assemblies, major assemblies, and installations are built to type design data.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform inspection duties utilizing engineering drawings and orders, work instructions, technical specifications, QA procedures and instructions, and other related documents.
2. Perform preliminary and progressive inspections of aircraft structure and systems, verify functional operation, final inspections, inspect for FOD and verify paperwork. Witness, verify and document specified manufacturing process steps.
3. Perform conformity/first article inspections to ensure compliance with FAA approved procedures.
4. Perform transfer and consolidated inspections.
5. Ensure the proper use and storage of area tools and equipment.
6. Conduct work in a manner that enhances own/other employees health and safety, product safety and promotes risk reduction; participate openly in safety-related event investigations, and immediately report workplace hazards and make suggestions for control; cooperate and contribute toward the overall success of the Safety program at the local level.
1. Provide on the job training for subordinate level inspectors.
2. Coordinate inspection workload according to priorities, efficiency and cost effectiveness.
3. Provide technical support to manufacturing, engineering and IPT personnel.
4. Perform duties of MRB signature authority.
5. Perform area inspections to ensure compliance with applicable standards and specifications.
6. Lead continuous improvement activities.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Proficient in GAC CATIA or blueprint reading and interpretation, GAC work instructions, technical specifications and GAC QA Manual.
2. Competent in the use of all job related tools and equipment.
Languages Required (in addition to English): No Selection
Requisition Number: 124621
Department: J0369-AAP Inspection
Shift: 4×10 Number of Openings: 3.0