Unique Skills: FAA A & P Certificate, FCC license, or NCAT certification required. Valid Driver’s License required. Ability to obtain Passport as international travel is a requirement. Must be available on an on-call basis 24 hours a day 7 days a week, with the ability to be on site or dispatched on the FAST aircraft or vehicle within two hours of the initial contact from Gulfstream. Must be able to communicate effectively with the customer, scheduling, FAST flight crews, Tech Ops, business office, vendors, Warranty, Field Service Reps and Hangar Ops. Performs required AOG maintenance and necessary servicing of all aircraft mechanical and avionics systems. Must demonstrate the ability to work independently and consistently to perform assigned maintenance and avionics tasks within the quoted or standard CMP time with little or no supervision. Education and Experience Requirements: High School Diploma or GED required. Four (4) years combined experience in inspection, maintenance or servicing of large/mid-size aircraft to include 2 years AOG troubleshooting experience on Corporate aircraft. FAA A&P, FCC, or NCAT certification required. Valid Driver’s License required. Other Ability to obtain Passport. Position Purpose: Independently performs a variety of aircraft modifications and maintenance functions on AOG aircraft on road trips and in the Product Support org. Duties include advanced troubleshooting, removal and installations of airframes, landing gear, engine components, electrical components, control systems and any other maintenance requirements to assure conformance to procedures, performances, and test specifications on customer live in-service aircraft. The FAST Team Technician also supports the customer in diagnosing and resolving technical problems with the aircraft.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Must be available on an on-call basis, with the ability to be on site or dispatched on the FAST aircraft within two hours of the initial contact from Gulfstream. Must be able to communicate effectively with the customer, scheduling, FAST flight crews, Tech Ops, business office, vendors, Warranty, Field Service Representatives and Hangar Ops. Acts as the single point of contact between Gulfstream and the customer to correctly relay the aircraft schedule and return to service expectations. 2. Performs required. AOG maintenance and necessary servicing of all aircraft mechanical and avionics systems. Must demonstrate the ability to work independently and consistently to perform assigned maintenance and avionics tasks within the quoted or standard CMP time with little or no supervision.
3. Identifies required. advanced troubleshooting techniques for all model aircraft with assistance from Tech Ops.
4. Orders and receives all tooling and materials that will be needed to service the AOG aircraft. Arranges the shipment of all core units and tooling back to Gulfstream.
5. Coordinates with the Inspection Dept to ensure compliance with internal and FAA inspection and documentation requirements. Acts as the delegated Quality rep when assigned on road trips. Properly completes work order sign-offs, logbook entries, shift turnovers, expense reports and all other paper work in a timely manner. Ensures that all work accomplished meets quality standards and specifications.
6. Establishes and maintains a professional working relationship with the customer and provides one-on-one direct familiarization briefings with the customer during the road trip.
7. Properly identifies (tags) customer property and equipment. Stores aircraft components and other customer property securely and safely.
8. Follows standard operating procedures and JSA’s/JRA’s when operating ground support equipment, such as power supply, hydraulic rigs, nitrogen filler carts, and oxygen service carts. Operates and supervises use of special support equipment used in removal and installations of major components.
1. Uses the material tracking system to create parts demand and to charge labor to correct work orders and item numbers. Perform other duties as assigned.
4. Formal training in the Gulfstream product line maintenance procedures and practices preferred. to include Flight Safety Maintenance initial training for specific models required. to support.
5. Must possess a working knowledge of the company policies and procedures, RS and QC Manual, pertinent process specifications, and technical reference materials.
6. Must possess a strong grasp of all aircraft avionics and mechanical systems and how they are related for complete aircraft functionality. Must possess the ability and understanding to comply with all system checkouts on an in-service aircraft. Languages Required (in addition to English): None Additional Information Requisition Number: 129042
Category: Service Center Percentage of Travel: Up to 100%
Shift: First Employment
Posting End Date: 07/04/2018 Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee. Long Beach, CA Long Beach, California