Schriever AFB,Colorado,United States 6K8CP4The Boeing Company has an exciting opportunity for a Satellite Systems Engineer. This position provides customer support of satellite operations and sustaining systems engineering for the Wideband Global Satellite Communications (WGS) program.
The successful candidate will provide real-time routine and contingency operations support for all WGS satellites.
Advise the customer on how to operate and maintain satellite and ground command & control systems.
Author, review and help execute satellite operational procedures.
Configure and run simulations to support procedure validation.
Conduct technical analysis, studies and provide recommendations to the customer.
Perform satellite data trending and analysis so that spacecraft performance can be monitored and analyzed.
Perform ground computer system software and database testing.
Perform additional tasks such as participate in technical meetings, author database and software change requests, perform problem solving and support other engineers in a team environment.
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Typical Education / Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor’s and 9 or more years’ experience, Master’s with 7 or more years’ experience or PhD with 4 or more years’ experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- Technical Bachelor’s degree or higher
- The candidate understands basic systems engineering and have a minimum of 8 years experience in a related field.
- Skilled in computer operations including the Microsoft office suite of products.
- More than 8 years experience in satellite operations or sustaining engineering; specifically geosynchronous communications satellites.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in development or maintenance of test or operations procedures as well as procedure execution and results analysis.
- Knowledge of government satellite on-orbit operations and/or sustaining engineering.
- Familiarization with Army and Air Force Satellite Communications missions, planning and/or operations
- Experience working on virtual and diverse teams, interfacing with multiple contractors in technical and management scenarios while properly handling protected and classified data.
- Excellent oral and written communications and presentation skills.
- Experience in RF engineering, telemetry data trending and analysis, flight and ground command & control systems.
- Academic course work and/or experience in electronics, orbital mechanics, math and statistics. Some software programming/scripting (Matlab, etc.) and test expertise.
- Operational and/or satellite factory knowledge in X and Ka Frequency bands of SHF spectrum, digitally channelized and transponded communications.
- Knowledge in satellite subsystems to include Payload Radio Frequency (RF), Payload Channelizer, Payload Phased Array, Payload frequency reference, and RF telemetry/commanding.
- Experience with ground command & control systems (CCS-C or CACE or GSCCE).
Yes, 10 % of the Time Space and Launch Individual Contributor No No Standard United States; The Boeing Company