Schriever AFB,Colorado,United States 6K8DP3Boeing is seeking a Mid-Level Systems Engineering Support Analyst for the On-Orbit Operations Support contract for the Global Positioning System (GPS) IIA/IIF satellite constellation. This position is located at Schriever AFB, Colorado.
The role and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assists with the documentation and maintenance of architectures, requirements, interfaces and designs for satellite operations and support systems
- Develops and maintains tracking mechanisms for satellite operations product updates, as required to include internally controlled Work Instructions and Operation Procedures, Satellite On-Orbit Handbook, Technical Orders, Operational Perform File sand Electronic Command Plans
- Gathers information to support satellite operations and contract/project management including the coordination and delivery of contractually required documentation (CDRLs)
- Applies system engineering processes, methodologies and tools to design the basic system of systems, systems and new product development
- Assists in the integration of technical costs, values and risks for production of deliverables
- Interfaces with other members of the project or program teams, management, customers and suppliers to meet group, organization and company objectives
- Develops and maintains the project schedule, monitors and tracks execution of the plan.
- Works with the team to plan and execute employee-related activities and initiatives.
- Supports Subject Matter Expert requests and critical operational events
- Performs team security functions to track and manage team member accesses and authorizations
- Works under general direction
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Typical Education / Experience:
Technical bachelor’s degree and typically 5 or more years’ related work experience or a Master’s degree with typically 3 or more years’ or a PhD degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- Technical Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Experience with Configuration Management tools and processes
- 5 or more years of experience as a Systems Engineering Support Analyst or similar role. Active Duty military and/or education can support work experience time.
- Experience with management and organization of GPS (or other satellite) technical data
- More than 3 years of experience in Configuration Management/Data Management
- Experience in configuration and data management role
- Experience reviewing changes and releases on a production system in a classified environment
- Experience in conducting analysis and advising on configuration, trending, and satellite performance
- Experience in contract deliverable tracking, organization and oversight
- Experience working on military installation and supporting team security requirements for access
Yes, 10 % of the Time Space and Launch Individual Contributor No No Standard United States; The Boeing Company