Technical Publication Writer Needed in Central Point, OR
Only qualified candidates with the below experience will be considered for this position.
Write clear and concise technical publications related to maintenance, overhaul and/or repair functions on an aircraft or aircraft components.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Produce Erickson Air-Crane technical manuals or documents, using various sources of engineering, military, regulatory and manufacturing data.
- Perform all research needed to ensure accuracy and conformity of data produced. Ensure output is consistent with company standards and satisfies the respective SOPs and Engineering Procedures Manual.
- Coordinate workflows and tasks required to create technical publication manuals or documents and meet schedule deadlines.
- In conjunction with the Director of Engineering, establish departmental policies and processes, ensuring that all procedures are well documented.
- Research and analyze hardware and software requirements for Technical Publications. Provide recommendations for upgrades/changes that improve efficiency.
- Review and proofread documents to ensure that work produced reflects accurate information from the engineering documents and that it is technically and grammatically correct and following a consistent format.
- Work directly with SME’s, cell leads, customers and management as needed to gather data and create clients technical manuals or documents.
- Evaluate engineering drawings and other technical data as required and translate information into an understandable technical manual or document.
- Work closely with Engineering department to ensure new data created meets FAA requirements.
- Provide input to develop, coordinate, and implement strategies that improve the efficiency of the group.
- High school diploma. Two or four year degree in a related field desired.
- Experience in aircraft maintenance, overhaul or repairs desired.
- 2+ years reading and interpreting engineering drawings.
- 2+ years Aviation Technical Writing.
- Arbortext software experiance desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to make presentations and conduct meetings.
- Experience with word processing, publishing and illustration software.
- Although project schedules and commitments are created based on regular time, overtime is often required to meet the UN-scheduled demands placed on the department.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Safety and Work Environment – Identifies hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and takes appropriate action to maintain a safe and productive work environment for self and others. Follows Guiding Principle “Be Safe”.
- Effective Communication – Actively listens to others. Communicates with others clearly, openly, and respectfully. Uses all forms of communication effectively and appropriately (includes email, text, IM).
- Teamwork – Works collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
- Accountable to Achieving Commitments – Achieves commitments to both internal and external customers. Produces high quality work by being attentive to detail and maintaining accuracy. Works in a conscientious, consistent, and thorough manner to meet all schedules and timelines. Anticipates potential problems. Finds the root cause of problems and takes appropriate action. Makes continuous improvement to processes and results.
- Adaptability to Change – Understands, accepts, and supports the need for business change and helping others with transitions. Adapts and adjusts to change within own area of responsibility as well as accepting the need for change more broadly.
Aviation Personnel currently offers:
- .50 cents per mile up to $200.00 Travel Pay on your first check, Plus a $100.00 longevity Monthly bonus!
- Great benefits like: Holiday Pay, Vacation Pay, $100.00 referrals fees and FREE Direct Deposit. Cash Advances Available!
- Did you know Aviation Personnel GUARANTEES Highest pay package at every location we have openings? Please, give us a call @ 817-244-2125
We look forward to helping you find your next assignment; also please forward our information to your friends who might be interested as well.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, inquiry or discussion about compensation, or any other characteristic protected by law.”